● In 2009, UDP collaborated with Academia Sinica to build up the sole Full-text and Full-image databases for “Bulletin of the Institute of History and Philosophy” and “Chinese Studies” (Taiwan National Central Library) — which is a huge breakthrough to digitize the rare pictograms on Chinese ancient manuscripts.
● In 2011, UDP awarded two vital subsidies from Taiwanese government because of the technological achievements on their innovative services: “Sinica Sinoweb” and “Lionart Digital Archive”.
● In 2015-2018, “Zhuanji Wenxue Digital Archive” and “Taiwan Journals Search” launched. The former documents the history of modern China since 1962 to date, while the latter compiles 310+ top academic journals in Taiwan.
● In 2019, UDP attained authorization for the National Palace Museum Journals, evolving our database into the “Taiwan Academic Classics’ (TAC) platform with over 3.3 billion characters. Awarded a subsidy by the ‘Taipei City Industrial Development Bureau’ in 2020, the platform was revitalized in 2021, employing advanced Elasticsearch technology and a modern Sinology interface, providing a refreshing journey through Sinological elegance. The “National Palace Museum Journal Archive”, along with the “Sinica Sinoweb” from Academia Sinica, stand as the Twin Jewels of Taiwanese Sinology, symbolizing UDP’s representative works .
● In September 2023, in keeping with our original intention of ‘continuous innovation in content and technology’, our platform pioneered groundbreaking features in Chinese databases, such as “AI Image Search” and “AI Colorization”. These innovations offer global users a hyperlink that transcends time, fields, and cultures, initiating research perspectives that blend Eastern and Western elements and unveiling unexpected realms of imagination.